Science & Technology
The CABS Science Technology Committee fosters scientific exchanges in the life science
industry. Each year, the committee organizes a series of seminars to discuss the current
trends and cutting edge technologies in life sciences, often focusing on a specific approach
or technology throughout the year. Members of CABS not only benefit through the seminars
but also have the opportunity to interact directly with the speakers who are usually veterans,
well-known scholars, or entrepreneurs. In addition, the seminar series also provide members
the opportunity to connect with other professionals with diverse areas of specialization,
which could lead to unexpected insights.
The CABS International Collaboration Committee (ICC) strives to promote international collaborations with various life sciences organizations and serves as a bridge that connects our members to life sciences communities in the Pacific Rim countries. This year we arranged our annual CABS entrepreneur delegation trip to China and hosted multiple Bay Area events for life sciences organizations from the Pacific Rim countries to facilitate networking and partnership opportunities with CABS members.
Business & Career Development
- To serve the business and career development needs of our members and the San Francisco Bay Area life sciences community
- To provide our members with interactive, informative platforms and networks to launch, to transition, or to advance their careers in the life sciences industry
- To enable our sponsors to effectively recruit talent, management team, and innovative projects
2015 Career Advisory Network (CAN) Program Kickoff
March 22, 2015, Foster City, CA
Due to popular demand, BCD launched the CAN program for the 5th consecutive year. CAN is a personalized career advisory platform designed to provide one-on-one interaction between a designated mentor and mentee. Since the inauguration of CAN in 2010, the program has been very successful and we have a growing number of CAN participants. This year, we have a total of 37 mentors from a broad range of functional areas in life sciences committed to serve our program. The CAN kickoff meeting held on 22 March 2015 was a great success with over 70 mentors and prospective mentees participating in this event. Details on the CAN schedule for this year are posted on the CABS website (www.cabsweb.org).
The Social Life Committee (SLC) is dedicated to serving our members with high quality indoor and outdoor activities. Within the CABS community, SLC intends to provide a bridge for connection and interaction, enrich and improve quality of life by organizing fun and memorable experiences, and sharing knowhow and experience. SLC actively organizes interesting talks, social events, and fun activities; promotes networking between CABS members; attract new members; and collaborates with other societies to enrich the community.
The key objectives of CABS Social Life Committee are:
• To serve the social connection and life skill needs of our CABS members through fun and educational activities
• Provide networking and social interaction opportunities for the CABS family
• Bring opportunities for friendship and caring while inspiring through sharing experiences
• Promote healthy and positive lifestyle for our CABS life science community
Promotion & Fundraising
The Fundraising Committee in the term of 2016-2017 will be focusing on building alliance with sponsors and promoting the brand of CABS.
The new committee will be responsible for promoting CABS brand and building long-term relationship with our existing and potential new sponsors through various events and venues in collaboration with other CABS committees. Our sponsors come from a variety of communities, which includes but not limited to China and US pharmaceutical companies, CRO companies, local government and business parks, and venture capital investment firms. We are bridging our professional community in the bay area and beyond with our sponsors in China and the US. The new committee will shift from sponsorship orientation to alliance building and value creation. Our committee was, is and will continue to play a crucial role in supporting our CABS family.
For our sponsors, we provide many opportunities but not limited to:
1. Extend your brand in China and United States.
2. Build relationship with new clients
3. Find potential talents for your company
4. Bring talents/projects/startups back to China.
For our committee members, we provide opportunities to:
1. Build network with companies and talents across China and United States.
2. Develop your ability in business development.
3. Explore your leadership potential.
Any potential partners / members are welcome to contact our fundraising committee through email@example.com
The CABS Publication Committee leads and builds communication channels between CABS, its members and the local biotech community. We are responsible for keeping CABS website up to dated, posting events and announcements. Our weekly newsletters promote our upcoming events, highlight past events and providing information about new career opportunities. For CABS’s annual BioPacific Conference, the Publication Committee takes the lead to prepare high quality conference brochures for the event attendees, which is one of the highlight for the conference.
The mission of the Membership Committee is to help build the CABS membership and support base. Our key objectives are :
• Support all major CABS events registration and check-in process
• Recruit and train CABS volunteers
• Support our outreach to new members